The Country Medical Director is a high profile, strategic country level leadership role, with principal responsibility for leading and building the medical organisation and developing the scientific and medical strategy that support the continuing success of our client in the country. As a member of the country leadership team, you will be the direct link between the R&D organisation and the local country team. Additionally, you will represent all parts of the Chief Medical Office organisation on the country leadership team and will be called upon to provide local oversight of these functions as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of country level CMO plans: work strategically and operationally with entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, to contribute valuable strategic input to both Global CMO plans and to country commercial plans, ensuring that the Country CMO plan is aligned with Global CMO and country commercial plans.
- Strong connection with local Opinion Leaders and External Organisations: maintains professional and credible relationships with top tier country opinion leaders, academic centers and external organisations e.g. governmental organisations, professional societies to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on the products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Lead within Country Leadership Team: collaborate with other leaders within Country to operate a successful organisation
- Build and maintain a strong local CMO team: recruit, retain and mentor high potential employees in the medical affairs team, ensuring that a talent pool exists for a dynamic and changing organisation. Build a spirit of self-learning and development, demonstrating knowledge, ability to provide practical advice, resourcefulness and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
Key experience and requirements
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- Minimum of 2 years medical research and clinical work experience or practice
- Minimum 5 years broad pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Team management experience, preferably of medical affairs teams
- Relevant therapeutic area knowledge experience is desirable
If you would like to discuss further, please contact us or make an application online.
Kaizen Life Sciences Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Kaizen Life Sciences Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Due to a high volume of applications we will only be able to contact successful applicants within 5 working days. We may, however, contact you regarding other potential roles of interest.